How do I move my passwords from a 1Password 4 personal account to the online 1Password 7 account?

Dsagers
Dsagers
Community Member

When chrome updated, my extension no longer worked so I uploaded 1Password 7 as a subscription. I clicked my name on my account and went to the add vault manually. The video said it would bring up a dialog to move the passwords automatically. I didn't. How do I move my 1password 4 personal (not online) account saved passwords to this new download?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I move my passwords from a 1Password 4 personal account to the online 1Password 7 account?

Comments

• Hi @Dsagers

I'm sorry to hear the automatic process did not work for you. Do you currently have access to your 1Password data in 1Password 7 right now? If so you can move those items to your Personal vault in your 1Password membership using these instructions:

Move and copy items | 1Password

Once completed you should remove the Primary vault from 1Password. If you don't have access to your data currently you'll want to double click on your Agile Keychain / OPVault file in order to open it in 1Password 7.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

Do I have to move the passwords one by one?

• No, you can select multiple / all items. Is this on Windows? If so the instructions are:

To select multiple items, hold the Ctrl key while selecting them. To select all the items in a list, press Ctrl + A.

:)

Ben

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

Yes windows. After all was said and done, I just clicked 1Password on the top ribbon on the desktop app and chose open vault on this computer and found the link. It populated. Now how do I sync it so it works with the online extension?

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

How do I sync my desktop app with the online version?

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

So the extension can work?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Dsagers

Now how do I sync it so it works with the online extension?

You don't. If you have your data inside your 1password.com account now, you've already done everything you need to do (at least, I think so, from your description). If you click the 1Password icon at the top left of the main 1Password 7 for Windows window and choose Settings > Vaults, what do you see there? How many vaults, and what are their names?

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

I don't have the populated vault in my main 1Password for 7 Windows. It is on my desktop and is available through my 1Password for 7 Windows desktop app. When I login to 1password.com and click the lock icon at the top left, (I assume that refers to the 1Password icon), nothing at all happens. It is the home page and shows the box with the welcome wagon in it and a second box that says "personal Your default vault for storing items." When I open it, it has only the passwords to the websites I have opened since I installed it.

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

So my question is how to get the passwords from my desktop app to the .com app, so the extension will work?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dsagers: You'll need to move the items into your account, as Ben described above. Where do you have all your data currently? What OS and 1Password versions are you using there?

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

Thank you. I finally got past the fear of losing the passwords, and poked around a little bit and used the tutorial and your comments. It is fixed. THANK YOU!

But as I'm looking at the current vault, I see a lot of duplicates and a few that I just don't need anymore. Can't see an option to delete such things from the online vault. How would that be done?

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

By duplicates, I am referring to duplicate passwords for for websites -- not vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Dsagers - If you're using a 1Password app for Windows or Mac, you can click "Edit" and just move items to the trash. If you're signed into your account at 1password.com in a web browser, it works much the same: click the "Edit" button at the bottom-right of the browser window for the item, and then click "Move to Trash."

• Dsagers
    Dsagers
    Community Member

Thank You. I didn't see the edit button before.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.