Dropbox free limits to 3 devices [1Password membership is the way forward; email for options]

paulcsiki
paulcsiki
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Mac

Any plans to support other cloud providers?

https://www.cultofmac.com/612598/dropbox-big-restriction-free-users/

-Paul

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paulcsiki!

No, we have no plans to support additional sync methods at the moment. We built 1Password.com exactly to avoid having to rely on a third-party service to sync your data. Our own sync service does not have any limitations whatsoever, and is therefore the best method available to sync your data. 1Password.com does not limit us and our 1Password Membership customers when it comes to how many devices they are using and is therefore already our recommended option.

I hope you understand that we are not able to control changes third party providers decide to implement, and therefore prefer (and owe it to our customers) to controls things directly to offer the best possible service without relying on anyone else.

Not to mention, sync is not the only benefit of a 1Password Membership: everything is included with memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family, team or business should you want to upgrade from an individuals membership later on... The list goes on and on.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• To add to what Ana said I'd recommend reviewing this thread:

Dropbox institutes new 3 device limit for free accounts - revisit cross platform sync options? — 1Password Forum

If you have further questions about this specifically I'd recommend reaching out to our billing team at support+billing@1password.com. They'll be in the best position to address anything further on the situation with Dropbox.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.