To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password is read-only

alebrisca
alebrisca
Community Member

Hello,
I purchased 5 years ago a 1Password license for pc, mac and Ios. I received (and still have) an e-mail with the Key.

I had to uninstall and install again the 1Password software, but it says now that 1Password is read-only and asks me to add an account or license to edit or save. I never registered an account and I only have the key-license, not a license file that I can upload. I am not even sure if the license is still valid...

What can I do in order to get back to a full operativity?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

What can I do in order to get back to a full operativity?

Your license is probably only valid up to 1Password 4 for Windows. You can download it on the downloads page:
    https://1password.com/downloads/windows/
    Do not click the button at the top but scroll down, in the lower right you find 1Password 4 to download.

This should get you up and running except for the fact that 1Password 4 is legacy software and only receives critical security updates. That means you can still use as long as it works for you but there will be no compatability updates (e.g. the latest version of Chrome is not compatible with 1Password 4 anymore),

You should consider to either move to a membership (it includes the app license for all platforms, meaning you can always use the latest version on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android and are also able to use 1Password X in Chrome and some other browsers) or buy a standalone license for 1Password 7. Since you use more than 1 Operating System the membership is more suitable for you in my opinion, since licenses are per platform so you would need to purchase them separately for Windows and Mac. Also the memebership provides many great features and a rock solid syncing service.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alebrisca! Welcome to the forum! :)

@peacekeeper is absolutely right. Thank you!

Please make sure you download the correct version (1Password 4) from the link peacekeeper provided.

However I would strongly advise you to choose a 1Password memberships.
    Basically, everything is included with memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family, team or business should you want to upgrade from an individuals membership later on... The list goes on and on.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.
    Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.