Same email address for personal and team?

dbarnese
dbarnese
Community Member

I already use 1Password, and now my company is also going to use the Teams version. They sent me an invite to my work email address. Should I have them send it to my personal address, or is there a way to associate the two so I have a single login to 1Password and access to all of my vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Welcome to the forum, @dbarnese! Most of us here at 1Password have a personal (or 1Password Families) account, plus of course our account for 1Password at work, so we're familiar with your situation.

The way it works in the 1Password apps is: the Master Password of the first account you add to the apps acts as the Master Password for that app as well. You can add subsequent accounts - however many you belong to - and although you'll need to enter the Master Password and Secret Key initially, once that's done, your app will still open with the Master Password of the first account you added. That's why we get to call ourselves "1Password," instead of "1Password for every account you have." ;)

If you're signing into your account(s) at 1password.com in a browser, you'll need to do that one-at-a-time, using the respective Master Password for each one. You may wish to consider making the Master Password for your work account the same as for your personal account, though that's of course up to you. Hope that helps! :)

• dbarnese
    dbarnese
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars! I accepted the invite and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to set up. The app practically did it for me. I appreciate the quick response!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dbarnese - glad I was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.