To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Multiple memberships

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Multiple accounts (Mac and iPhone).

Comments

• Planoflyer
    Planoflyer
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem, can I reply here or do I need to start a new thread?? I deleted the old vault from the desktop version of 1Password. But I still two online accounts with different secret Keys. One account is based on my name, and the other says "Family" after the email. They both have multiple vaults. The account based on my name has one that is titled "Personal" and the other account ("Family") has one called "Private." They both use the same email address as IDs. How do I know which one to delete? Or do I need to merge them? It gets very confusing. It may be easier if i can speak to a human.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Planoflyer,

Human here; happy to help. This sounds like a different issue than what the other customer was experiencing so I've gone ahead and split your comment into a new thread.

I guess the first question is: which type of membership do you need? 1Password Families, or an individual membership? If you don't plan to share any 1Password data with anyone then an individual membership would probably be sufficient. If you want to give your family access to 1Password, and perhaps share some 1Password data with them, then you'll want to keep the 1Password Families membership. Once that is figured out you'll want to move all of your data into the membership you decide to keep, and delete the other:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

To add, before deleting anything, I'd recommend verifying that you're able to log in to the membership you plan to keep at https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new and that all of your data appears there.

Ben

• Planoflyer
    Planoflyer
    Community Member
    Options

That was actually what I was thinking it was. I hope I am not paying for two separate accounts. I am able to get into both accounts. I need to do a little research on the admin side of things. Thanks again for the input.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds good. If you do find you've been unintentionally paying for two separate memberships please reach out to our billing team at support+billing@1password.com and they'll be able to help you sort that out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.