Doesn't update passwords but rather makes a new entry and keeps the old one

What the title says. I have multiple entries, one with an old password, one with a new password. This happens when I try to update the login--it saves a new entry instead of actually updating. When using iOS it always takes the entry first on the list to fill, which often ends up being the old password, which makes things super annoying.

Devices are also not syncing between laptop and mobile. I have the paid account that is supposed to sync simply by logging in (not using iCloud etc) but it doesn't appear to be working, nor do I know how to set this up or troubleshoot. Separate issues, I know.

Desktop version 7.2.5
iOS version unknown--can't find this info anywhere.
Chrome extension unknown--also can't find this shit.
Chrome browser version 72.0.3626.121
mac OS 10.13.6

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud (apparently)

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fishbelly - I'm sorry for the trouble! Are you following these steps for changing login items (note: that's for changing your passwords specifically, but changing other fields of an item like username works similarly). Of particular note: make sure you're clicking the "Update Existing" instead of the default "Create New."

Regarding sync, have a look in Settings > Vaults 1Password for iOS and in Preferences > Vaults in 1Password for Mac, and check to see if they match exactly. How many vaults are there in each device, and what are their names? Do they match one another? If you have a vault called Primary on either device, that's a standalone vault which is not part of your 1Password.com account, for example. Let me know what you discover!

This discussion has been closed.