Windows machine or Android: why does 1password not ask me to update when I make a PW change?

On my Android phone or Windows 10 PC 1Password always pops up to ask if i want to populate user name and password with a stored value, but if it is old and I decline, and enter the new values, I have to manually go into 1Password to update. is this standard functionality? Does 1Password no longer auto-update if i change a value in the application requesting new PW / logon information?

1Password Version: 1Password v7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 and Android phone
Sync Type: gmail
Referrer: forum-search:Windows machine or Android: why does 1password not ask me to update when I make a PW change?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mgardiner: Thanks for reaching out! I’m not sure I understand what you're referring to here:

On my Android phone or Windows 10 PC 1Password always pops up to ask if i want to populate user name and password with a stored value, but if it is old and I decline, and enter the new values, I have to manually go into 1Password to update.

But I'm glad for the opportunity to figure this out with you. :)

To clarify, neither 1Password for Android nor the Windows version will prompt you to fill on its own; rather, you'd need to invite 1Password yourself. So I wonder if what you're seeing is a browser autofill feature:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

We always recommend disabling that to avoid confusion ("Where is that password stored?"), and also because 1Password requires user interaction for a very specific reason: too prevent your data being leaked into websites when you don't necessarily want that.

Anyway, could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. :)

This discussion has been closed.