Getting back in Sync

Options
Rastus
Rastus
Community Member

So, I have a macbook pro that I use for work and my wife has one that she uses for work and we have been syncing our 1password by using dropbox across the devices. My office IT upgraded my mac to the newest system and I upgraded to 1password 7 but my wife has continued to use version 6 for several months. It seems that we are no longer using the same 1password master vault since my mastervault was updated to be compatible with 1password 7. how do I migrate her to 1password 7 and merge her vault into mine so she does not lose any info she saved while still using version 6 and I keep the info I entered in the master vault?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rastus!

If you want to upgrade your wife to 1Password 7, you can follow the same procedure that you used to upgrade from version 6 to version 7 on your Mac. At that point, you can link her current 1Password 7 app to the vault that you have been using after the upgrade, like you were doing before, and things should work again in no time :)

But since I have you here: have you considered using 1Password Families for this, rather than purchasing additional licenses? We built the service specifically for scenarios like yours, where you need to share vaults with other people, regardless of what device they use 1Password on. In addition to password sharing, a Families account offers you a lot more features, which I believe you and your wife will find useful in your day to day life. It has been a far more popular choice and from the feedback we get, people prefer the ease that having a 1Password membership comes with (when it comes to things like managing backups, syncing, multi-device management etc.).

Basically, everything is included with memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family... The list goes on and on.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.