1PW not showing all of my logins on iOS, when "All Vaults" is selected

cappy
cappy
Community Member

According to 1PW on my Mac, I've got approx 428 login entries in 1 PW.

While looking in 1PW on my iphone, I was trying to share a login with my wife's Shared Vault. I could not find this login when using 1PW on my iphone.

I had all vaults enabled, and selected search"everything", not just the titles. I could not find the login I was looking for.

When I switched to my personal vault, only then could I see that login, and was able to share it with my wife's shared vault.

I was under the impression that selecting "All Vaults" would search through all of the vaults that I've created. Apparently,, this isn't the case.

1Password Version: 7.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 12
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cappy!

I had all vaults enabled

By this, do you mean that all vaults are selected under Settings > Vaults > All Vaults > Vaults included in All Vaults in your 1Password app?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Yes @ag_ana

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cappy: Are you searching in the main 1Password app, or in the browser?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

The app on iOS .
    Should that matter? Shouldn’t I be able to search all vaults in both the app and the browser?

• That is quite odd @cappy. As you say, when viewing All Vaults from the vault switcher, all vaults that you haven't explicitly excluded are included in that view. Could you please post a screenshot of 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults for us?

Also, now that you have moved the item to the shared vault, does it appear if you repeat the same search (in All Vaults)?

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

I was about to suggest sending you some screenhots, to illustrate the point.
    Can I email or upload them, securely? Secure upload preferred?

Also, now that you have moved the item to the shared vault, does it appear if you repeat the same search

yes, but this is the least of my concerns

• @cappy

You can email them to support+forum@1password.com and then post the support ID that you receive back here.

yes, but this is the least of my concerns

Understood; just trying to make sense of the problem in my head.

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

@Ben
    While preparing a lengthy email with many screenshots, I think I've just discovered what the problem is. I've just noticed that there is a config screen to select/deselect which vaults are included in "All Vaults". My personal vault was not selected. When I select it, the login entry now sows up when I seach "All Vaults"

Thanks

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

and apologies for leading you down the wrong path.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @cappy! I am happy to hear you got this sorted out :)

This discussion has been closed.