Establish vault on new laptop?

Options
silsurf
silsurf
Community Member

I have 1P installed on my desktop and ios (Mac)
I "used to" have sync via dropbox, but when I updated to a subscription plan my understanding was that the vault is now located on 1p cloud?
I am trying to install 1p on my laptop, but do not see how to choose my current vault?

If I log into 1p online I see my vault, it is the only one I use.
If I look at the sync prefs on my laptop I see the options "None-iCloud-Dropbox-Folder"
But I dont believe my vault is in any of those locations.

I dont want to mix things up as I had double vaults for awhile and wound up losing passwords due to confusion.

Thanks very much for the support.

Henry

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@silsurf - sorry for the confusion! If you have what you would consider a complete and up-to-date copy of your data in your 1password.com account when you look at it in a browser, then all you really should need to do is click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data in 1Password for Mac. Be aware: this will erase all 1Password data in the app on your Mac. When you next open 1Password for Mac, it will be as if you are a brand-new user: just sign into your 1password.com account, and you should be all set.

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Sorry to say it didnt work? I tried twice resetting the data and what happens is this:

I am warned that the data will be deleted, I typed in the code generated in order to delete the data. 1P re-opens and I am prompted to log into my account. I choose the 1pass.com account listed (email address redacted for privacy by the 1Password Team). 1P logs in, but the only vault listed is the one one that was already on my laptop, in this case entitled "Henry Vault 2019".

The vault I used on the web and on my ios and on my desktop is entitled just "Private". "Henry Vault 2019" does not exist on my ios or on my desktop, but for some reason is the only one that appears on my laptop even after I did the data reset twice?

Thanks very much for helping me get to the bottom of this?

Henry

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @silsurf,

I have removed the email address from your latest post since this is a public forum, to protect your information :)

The vault I used on the web and on my ios and on my desktop is entitled just "Private". "Henry Vault 2019" does not exist on my ios or on my desktop, but for some reason is the only one that appears on my laptop even after I did the data reset twice?

What is the name of the vault if you login to your 1Password.com account in a browser? Do you see "Henry Vault 2019" there?

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member
    Options

If I log in from my browser at "https://my.1password.com/home" I only see the vault I want to be everywhere which is entitled "Private".

The "Henry Vault 2019" vault only appears locally on my laptop, even after multiple data resets.

Thanks for removing the email address.

Henry

• Ben
    Options

@silsurf

At this point I think we need to take a look 'under the hood.' To do so, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/499061/#Comment_499061
    • Your forum username: silsurf

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I created an email to support+forum@agilebits.com
    2. Subject line was: Diagnostic report for support thread #Comment_499061
    3. Content was: Attached is diagnostic info for support thread:
      • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/499061/#Comment_499061
      Thank you. I will send the iOS diagnostic later today
      Henry
    4. I attached the diagnostic output in .zip format

5. I received this email response:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients.

support+forum@agilebits.com: host aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.66.27] said:
    552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
    552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit 552-5.7.0
    https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our 552 5.7.0
    message content and attachment content guidelines. h57si2675521qth.370 -
    gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019
    Options

@silsurf

Are you sure what you tried to attach to the email message was the output of the diagnostic tool, and not the tool itself? That message is what one typically gets when trying to email software. Could you please try sending again, this time being sure to attach the report and not the tool?

Thank you.

Ben

ref: ASR-42568-151

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I created an email to support+forum@agilebits.com
    2. Subject line was: Diagnostic report for support thread #Comment_499061
    3. Content was: Attached is diagnostic info for support thread:
      Thank you. I will send the iOS diagnostic later today
      Henry
    4. I attached the diagnostic output in .zip format

5. I received this email response:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients.

support+forum@agilebits.com: host aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.66.27] said:
    552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
    552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit 552-5.7.0
    https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our 552 5.7.0
    message content and attachment content guidelines. h57si2675521qth.370 -
    gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@silsurf

The .zip file you attached starts with "1PasswordDiagnostics-", correct?

• silsurf
    silsurf
    Community Member
    Options

I now have my desktop and my laptop synced to the same vault via dropbox (there was an issue of an outdated extension on my laptop), but it is not the same vault that I see when I log into 1pass.com? I dont see any way to access that vault?

How do I sync my Desktop and Laptop to the same vault as my 1pass.com vault?

They are all logged into the same account.

Thanks very much

Henry

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@silsurf

The 1Password.com vault is not stored on Dropbox, it's a separate system. To view your 1Password.com vaults too, you need to add your 1Password account to the app.

Please let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.