Samsung Galaxy S10+

McTechSolutions
McTechSolutions
Community Member

Hi Guys.

I am hoping someone can help me. I am a long time iPhone user and moved to Android yesterday. I am using the Chrome browser on this device. I have 1Password Manager installed. If i go to a website i get the option to obtain the login details from 1Password. However I am unable it seems to save login details from Chrome browser? Any ideas? is this just a setting i am missing somewhere?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• McTechSolutions
    McTechSolutions
    Community Member

LastPass does not seem to have an issue with this. I am really hoping its just a silly setting. Otherwise i will need to migrate out to LastPass.

• Hi @McTechSolutions. Automatically saving Logins is only available in apps and browsers where Autofill is supported, as this is what handles saving. With 1Password, Autofill isn't supported in Chrome. Instead, the accessibility service works there for filling. Unfortunately this means that you can't automatically save Logins from Chrome.

However, Autofill is supported in Firefox, Opera, Edge, and DuckDuckGo, if you wanted to try to save Logins there! :)

• McTechSolutions
    McTechSolutions
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I have now cancelled my 1Password account and moved over to LastPass. This seems to work correctly in Chrome. Shame as really liked 1Password

Craig

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member

@McTechSolutions I will say that I experimented with Lastpass for this feature and I found it more of a headache than it was worth, which I hated to admit because there is a browser I like to use which 1Password will probably never support, while Lastpass does. Chrome does not officially support the Autofill API, but Google has provided a sort of compatibility mode as a band-aid to get some of the features of using the Autofill API (like saving passwords) to those filling using the Accessibility service. Unfortunately, it doesn't really provide that stable or performative of an experience, so 1P has not enabled it. I found out the same when I recently trialed LP, which is using this compatibility mode. But maybe you will have a better experience!

I will say though, that once real Autofill support is baked into Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers, if 1P still doesn't support this other browser, I will probably switch to LP too (where I get free premium through my workplace).

• Thanks, @andmade! Indeed, we tried to enable it but it unfortunately didn't work out. We do indeed plan to support Autofill in Chrome if we're able to!

• McTechSolutions
    McTechSolutions
    Community Member

Thanks all. If and when support is there i will certainly look at 1Password again as i like it as a platform. However for me coming from an iPhone i was stuff to just work. I am finding the odd site on LastPass which autofill is not working but mainly it is doing what i want. Please support Chrome when you can and i am sure i will bring my business back to you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'd like that too, on both counts. Cheers! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.