Resume App, Mohave Fresh Install, Spinning Ball 15 Seconds

r3cgm
r3cgm
Community Member

Hello. I've been using 1Password for several years; never had a problem. Recently however it is frequently the case that when I click on 1Password in the taskbar to resume the application window I get a spinning ball and it locks up for about 15 seconds.

A couple things have recently changed. First, this is a MacBook that was just reimaged with our corporate build of Mohave a couple days ago. (If anything, you'd think a fresh install would make things work better not worse.) Also, I finally decommissioned use of a standalone vault on Dropbox and am now only using the 1Password cloud sync option. Neither one of those is necessarily related to the problem, I'm just mentioning them.

I feel like 1Password is trying to do some network activity on resume, but that's just speculation.

Anyone else see this behavior or know of things I can try to fix it? 1Password is one of my favorite applications of all time and it's a bummer having to wait 15 seconds every time I use it.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Mohave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @r3cgm!

After reimaging your MacBook, did you import 1Password 7 again from a backup, or was it a fresh install for the app too?

when I click on 1Password in the taskbar to resume the application window I get a spinning ball and it locks up for about 15 seconds.

What is Activity Monitor reporting when this happens? Do you see any spikes in activity there?

• r3cgm
    r3cgm
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana. Thanks for the response. It was a fresh install. On your suggestion I had Activity Monitor open ready to go, and the problem went away as mysteriously as it appeared. I'm not getting the stalled application anymore. Same sort of situation like when you bring your car to the mechanic to fix and it refuses to make the sound you were hearing. :) Best regards.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@r3cgm

Ahah I know, it happens all the time :D

But I am glad to hear things are working fine again. If this starts happening again, please feel free to reach out anytime and we will be happy to investigate further.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.