I would like to cancel my membership for this year and receive a refund if possible

mparrish
mparrish
Community Member

I have had the membership for about two years and I cannot get my wife to use it. This years invoice posted and I rarely use it and she never does. So I would like to cancel, and hopefully get a refund. I can get into my vault, but I could not see how to cancel from there.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I would like to cancel my membership for this year and receive a refund if possible

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mike! Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this :( You can delete your account from your settings if you wish, if you are an Admin of the account.

However, may I suggest converting your Families account into an Individual account instead, if you are the only one using it? If that's what you would like to do, here are the instructions:

1. Sign in  to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Select Settings on the right side.
    3. Under the section Change Account Type, select Convert to individual.

I hope this helps!

• mparrish
    mparrish
    Community Member

If I delete my account, seeing as I'm only 8 days into the billing cycle, I would hope for a pro-rated refund. How will that work?

• @mparrish,

Typically subscription payments are non-refundable:

1Password refund policy

If you cancel before your first 30 days [the trial period], you won’t be charged. We’re unable to issue a refund for past charges, or for any time remaining on your account at the time of cancellation.

That said I'd recommend reaching out to our billing team to see if they can assist. They'd be in the best position to help further. You can reach them at support+billing@1password.com

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.