I can't sync the current Password 7 on my mac to my iphone.

midijon
midijon
Community Member

I have the current Password 7 on my mac and I think on my iphone. The iphone app is from the Apple Store. I have set up membership on the mac and am trying to sync my computer to my iphone. On the iphone 1Password still opens with my previous 1Password 6 code. On the mac the new membership code opens 1Password. I want to sync the iPhone to mirror the computer. I follow these instructions:
Open and unlock 1Password. On the mac computer
Choose 1Password > Preferences.
Click the WLAN Server icon and turn on “Run a WLAN server from this Mac
But on the mac there is no WLAN Server icon. If I hit the top menu Window I do get an item: WLAN Server, if I hit that I just go back to Preferences. I am never asked to Run WLAN server.
So I then tried this. On the mac I go to Account, Set up other devices, I then get the Setup QR Code which I then scan on the iphone. When this is done the iphone asks if It should open 1Password, I say yes and it opens if I use my old 1Password 6 code. (It does not work with my new master password.) At that point it asks me to sync. But when I click yes it says it cannot find the mac. But both the Mac and the iphone are on the same network.
I notice in my email that you have been informed getting the message Your 1Password account was just used to sign in from 1Password for iOS. So something is working I guess.
So I’m stuck. When I was on Passport 6 on bth the mac and the iphone the WLAN sync worked smoothly.

1Password Version: 6.8 and 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1password X 1.14.2
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN (trying)
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sync to iphone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @midijon!

Click the WLAN Server icon and turn on “Run a WLAN server from this Mac

Can you please clarify something for me? If you have a 1Password Membership, as you mentioned in your post, why are you trying to sync via WLAN server? With a Membership, sync is automatic, and there is no need to use the WLAN server for this.

I am thinking if this could indeed be why you see this discrepancy.

This discussion has been closed.