No data visible after signing in to account

Comments

• John D
    John D
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Reset my master password. New master password works only on the website and in the iOS app on my phone. New password will not work on the application on my Mac desktop nor on my Mac laptop. Per instructions above, I reset all 1Password data. Following instructions, I launched 1Password for Mac. Followed instructions for existing 1Password account. Entered my email address, the new master password, and my secret key. All were accepted and 1Password for Mac opened, but showed only an empty vault. Can still access data through the website and iOS app. I can open 1Password for Mac, but it has no data.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019

@John D

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty viewing your data in 1Password for Mac. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102798
    • Your forum username: John D

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• John D
    John D
    Community Member

It appears to have been some sort of lag in updating the vault in the 1Password application. After the initial empty vault problem, I returned to the application after about an hour. I logged in successfully and my personal vault loaded on both my desktop and laptop. You might want to advise users resetting their data to wait at least 30 minutes before attempting to access their data through the Max OS X application.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JohnD - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad we could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, we can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-)

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great weekend, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

• John D
    John D
    Community Member

OK, now a new problem. Had problems remembering the new master password, so changed it again. Changed it through the 1Password for Mac application via Preferences. No problem. Logged in a few minutes later with the new master password via the 1Password for Mac application. No problem. 30 minutes later, the new master password doesn't work. Can't access passwords either via the 1Password for Mac application, nor via the 1Password web site. Neither new password nor old password work. Can still access my passwords on my iPhone using the 1Password app for iOS, using Touch ID. Interestingly, the login provided for 1Password in the app is the old master password (though it doesn't work). So now I'm limited to accessing my passwords via 1Password for iOS on my phone and manually entering them on my Mac. Would prefer a better fix.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@John D: I will reply to you in the new discussion you created so we can avoid duplicating efforts.

This discussion has been closed.