having trouble with 1Password 6.8.8 and chrome

This discussion was created from comments split from: I have a major problem with the 1Password browser extension.

Comments

• guuss
    guuss
    Community Member

I'm experiencing more or less the same issue. I use Chrome: Versie 73.0.3683.86 (Officiële build) (64-bits) on a Mac: macOS 10.14.4 (18E226) using 1Password: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store.
    1 Password extension does not launch. Re-installing the extension will fix the problem for once, or disable/enable the extension.
    Needless to say this is very annoying.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@guuss: Can you clarify? What do you mean by "extension does not launch"? What are the specific actions you're taking, and what is the result? That can help us narrow down the problem.

• guuss
    guuss
    Community Member

When clicking on the 1Password extension icon nothing happens. Normally you would see a modal where you either enter the credentials to unlock 1Password or select an item to login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@guuss Can you please make sure that Chrome is not halfway through an update? If you completely quit and reopen Chrome, it should complete any pending updates. Is the extension working again after quitting and relaunching Chrome?

• guuss
    guuss
    Community Member

@ag_ana Maybe it was halfway an update, current Chrome version is Versie 73.0.3683.103 (Officiële build) (64-bits). Although it happened to me a couple of times in the past week. Now it works fine. I'll let you know if it happens again. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@guuss, you are very welcome! I am happy to hear things are working as expected now.

And absolutely, please let us know if this happens again.

For now, have a wonderful weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.