Websites using TFA and 1P on Mac (and iOS)

Mark Sealey
Mark Sealey
Community Member

For obvious reasons, I like to be 100% sure with security; please forgive if this inquiry really is overkill :-)

So may I ask someone in the know to confirm that this page is by Agile and that the information it contains is the best/real/only/official way for me to use 1P on macOSX (and less often iOS) with websites - like, say, Kraken - which require TFA in their login/authentication process?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mark Sealey!

So may I ask someone in the know to confirm that this page is by Agile

Yes, that page is our official 1Password support website, it's made by us :)

and that the information it contains is the best/real/only/official way for me to use 1P on macOSX (and less often iOS) with websites - like, say, Kraken - which require TFA in their login/authentication process?

We do not have an official recommendation to deal with 2FA websites, in the sense that it is up to you what authenticator method to choose. You can use 1Password as your authenticator app, or a separate authenticator app (such as Google Authenticator or Authy) to manage your 2FA codes instead. Both options will work, but you are free to choose the method you prefer.

But if you do choose to use 1Password to store and generate your authenticator codes, that's the correct tutorial to follow :)

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks, Ana - that's really helpful; just what I wanted to know.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mark Sealey - on behalf of ag_ana (who's off today), you're quite welcome! :) Glad she was able to assist.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks to you too, Lars!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.