Mac upgrade v6 to v7

gomario
gomario
Community Member

I had 1password v6 for free at work but that no lkonger works so I purchased my own account ( for version 7 ). Downloaded the MaCApp and I'm unable to switch to the my vault and/or upgrade my old vault. I've already spend hours on this and am ready to cancel the trial and move on with my life but hopefully someone cam make this work.

Can you supply me with clear instructions? All I see now is a new empty vault!

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gomario - I'm sorry for the trouble! 1Password 6 for Mac should still work on nearly any system (OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite") or newer), so I'm not quite sure what you mean by "no longer works." However, if you have a Mac that's on macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”) or newer, you should definitely run 1Password 7 for Mac instead.

I notice you say you're using Dropbox as your sync method. That makes me think you were using standalone 1Password at your job? In other words, local data synced via Dropbox instead of a 1password.com account? If so, and if you signed up for a 1password.com account, those are two different things. Can you clarify for me what you were using previously, and why you say it "no longer works?"

This discussion has been closed.