Old 1Password - New Mac 1Password 7 - Dropbox Sync issues

jenred
jenred
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for years and have loved it.

Due to issues with my computer and back up, I was not able to begin from my back up. Had to download 1Password from the App Store and only 1Password7 available.

1Password 3.8.21 is in my Dropbox and 1Password7 7.2.5 on my Mac. (1Password 7.3 on my iPhone)

So...when I try to say "sync using dropbox" it says choose file and it would end in .opvault...I don't have .opvault in my Dropbox - I have .agilekeychain.

Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @jenred

1Password 3 has been retired for a number of years now, so you're a bit behind the curve. With v7 the Agile Keychain format has also been retired. 1Password 7 can convert your existing Agile Keychain to an OPVault. To do so, double click on the Agile Keychain file in Dropbox. That'll get your data into the app, but it'll be read-only (e.g. you won't be able to add new data or fill in web browsers). Full use of 1Password 7 from the App Store requires a 1Password membership. You can learn about upgrading to a membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben. Is there anyway to speak to someone in person?

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

Ugh - we are already stuck. Afraid to lose my existing vault in this process. So, do I make a new account to have the membership and THEN migrate the existing vault?

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

So, do I make a new account to have the membership and THEN migrate the existing vault?

Yes :) If you want to be extra sure you can also copy the .agilekeychain to another location before you start the process. Additionally, Dropbox does keep deleted files available for restoring as well as an additional safeguard if something should go wrong.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jenred!

So, do I make a new account to have the membership and THEN migrate the existing vault?

This is correct. Let us know if you are getting stuck at a specific step or if you have any questions, we will be happy to help.

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

THANK YOU!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jenred, you are very welcome!

Have a wonderful day! :)

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

When I tried to use my existing master password, it wouldn't allow it (too short) so I made a new one. And I also believe this is a different email address I've used.

\So now I have the NEW 1password7 account on my computer and I have a file called 1password.agilekeychain. Is it possible to get this agilekeychain into my NEW 1password 7 account?

Hope you can help me out here. Thank you!

• Hey @jenred

That would loop us back to this statement:

With v7 the Agile Keychain format has also been retired. 1Password 7 can convert your existing Agile Keychain to an OPVault. To do so, double click on the Agile Keychain file in Dropbox.

That'll add the data from the Agile Keychain to 1Password 7 as a "Primary" vault. Then move the data from the Primary vault to your membership vault:

Move and copy items | 1Password

Once done, delete the Primary vault:

1. From the menu bar, choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary.
    2. Choose Vault > Delete Vault.

Does that help?

Ben

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

Thank you again, Ben. Sorry to be a pest. This is making me as crazy and I'm sure it is everyone else reading it. It wasn't working (it said it couldn't convert to OPVault and I don't have the login for the original account and can't get the key), so we decided to try and manually re-enter all of the data in the 1Password 7. At the first entry, I found that I have two vaults - 1 says Personal and one says On My Mac. Is this because it has found my two accounts. Why would I start with two different vaults?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019

@jenred

You're not being a pest. :) To get a better understanding of the current situation I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103030/
    • Your forum username: jenred

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

Is it diagnostics for the computer or only what I've done with regards to 1Password on the computer? Concerned re: privacy. And also - Complicated - my questions are related to my employer's computer - which I'm trying to fix for her - and this user name and email, etc are mine. Will I be able to send her diagnostics from my computer/email?

• @jenred

I believe those questions can be answered by this guide:

About 1Password diagnostics reports

Will I be able to send her diagnostics from my computer/email?

You can do that, yes.

Ben

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

Done but did not receive a support ID number....yet?

• @jenred

did not receive a support ID number

It looks like you sent the email to support@1password.com instead of support+forum@1password.com.

Done

Got it. Thanks. Will review and get back to you via email ASAP.

Ben

ref: QUI-97386-451

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

I've of course run into a snag. Sent an email to both addresses this time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @jenred. I see that Ben is already helping you via email, so let's keep the conversation over there so we don't duplicate efforts :)

This discussion has been closed.