Desktop integration 1P mini popup always starting at new position on screen

jadchaar
jadchaar
Community Member

I use fullscreen apps all the time and I noticed after the last couple of 1PX beta builds, my Mac app popup (1P mini) that comes up when I unlock 1PX via desktop integration seems to change positions each time. It never docks at the top of my screen from the 1Password for Mac icon in the menu bar. Instead, it is constantly shifting to a new position on screen.

Two examples of subsequent unlocks:

Note: I am using Brave but I recall the same thing occurring when using Chrome.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-10 (70300010) AgileBi
Extension Version: 1.15.8
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• dteare
    edited April 2019

Good catch!

We position the 1Password for Mac unlock window where your mouse is positioned. The idea was if you click the toolbar icon or the inline menu icon, the unlock window will appear anchored to it right there.

This works great when using the mouse but not so well when using the keyboard. Ideally when using the keyboard the window would be anchored to the macOS menubar, but that's not visible while in full screen mode. I'm not sure what would be the best in this scenario but we definately shouldn't show the notch and probably should simply centre the window if we cannot anchor it to the menubar.

I opened an issue and we'll see what we can do. Thanks for reporting this! 😘

ref: x/b5x#996

++dave;

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@jadchaar, @dteare: I don't think it's a 1Password X thing. 1Password mini is playing musical chairs (though bottom left seems to be popular) on my machine even when 1Password X is not involved. We'll see if this might be a 1Password for Mac issue. :)

ref: apple-2350

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

@dtear @brenty thanks for attending to this! It has bothered me since desktop integration was introduced!

Any reason why there are even two popups in the first place? I think it is a bit odd to have both 1Password X's popup displayed below 1Password Mini's popup.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. Definitely still working out the kinks with Mac app integration, both before we take it out of beta, and before commencing work to do the same on Windows. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.