1Password X unable to unlock on Firefox 66

Using Fedora 29, Firefox 66, with the 1Password X extension. The extension works fine if unlocked, but when locked it's unable to be directly unlocked. Clicking the extension briefly shows the extension window, but it disappears almost right away. It unlocks fine if I log in to my account on 1password.com, but it seems like I shouldn't have to log in to a website to unlock an extension that's supposed to be able to unlock itself.

This has been going on for over a month now, and 1Password X has updated at least once in that time. It also happens on a fresh Firefox profile: create a brand new profile, change nothing, install 1Password X, log in, lock, try to unlock, it fails. So whatever this is, it's happening with a pristine Firefox profile as well as my normal profile.

In the browser console, every time I click the extension icon I get this error:

Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
Rx moz-extension://dd7c4c76-651e-444d-af9b-2799c266e2e5/background/background.js:31

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: Fedora 29
Sync Type: 1Password X

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Greetings @jgoguen,

So the unlock window just won't stay on screen long enough to interact with the password field to even try and unlock, is that a reasonable assessment of the issue?

I don't have Fedora in a VM, I only have Ubuntu and Mint at the moment but I'm wondering if issues we saw with Ubuntu in the past could possibly be related here. I wonder, does anything discussed in the first post of the thread Lock screen issue: 1Password X for Firefox on Ubuntu 18.04 🐛⚠️ make sense when the distro is Fedora? As I'm far from a power user of any version of Linux I will defer to your knowledge given it is your OS of choice.

• jgoguen
    jgoguen
    Community Member

That does sound like the issue, but it was resolved for a while and just started again. I can't use Wayland (it crashes frequently and takes my whole session with it) and I pretty regularly use ibus (haven't quite figured out how to get it to work with XIM instead).

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jgoguen,

It was resolved for a while on Ubuntu as well and then seemed to return. When it did I found altering the input method once again helped making me suspect it is iBus that is the issue. If this were macOS or Windows I would hope any issue with a workaround could be clearly detailed so anybody could follow by Linux - there's so many variables beyond simply the distro involved. What distro, is it Gnome or KDE or something else and so on. I'll see if anybody in the team has prior experience with Fedora.

This discussion has been closed.