To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked Out of Account (2-Step Authentication Issue) [email support@1password.com]

Options
michaelochoa
michaelochoa
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Memberships

Locked out of acc, emergency kit info doesn't help, authenticator app which I no longer have access to is keeping me from logging in or regaining access to my account. If support could somehow remove my accounts 2-Step Authentication feature that'd be great, if it's not possible I'd like to know how to at least have the account closed or deleted permanently so I can set up a new one. Any help is appreciated!

View 1Password Approved Answer

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @michaelochoa.

I feel you. I lost access to my first account a few years ago and had to create a new one. I know that doesn't sound promising, but let's go ahead and see if we can sort this out. I must say I'm not a 1Password team member, so you should definitely wait for an official response from them.

First of all, if you lose access to your authenticator app, you won’t be able to sign in to 1Password on new devices but you can turn it off in an already authorized browser. To do that, you have to:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in an authorized browser.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose My Profile.
    3. Click More Actions > Manage Two-Factor Authentication.
    4. Click Disable Two-Factor Authentication, then enter your Master Password.

If unfortunately, you don’t have access to an authorized browser, but you belong to a family or team account, you may ask someone to recover your account.

The second thing you may try is to see if the authenticator app you were using, has backup and recovery options. I believe Authy has that option. You should check if your authenticator app has that option.

Finally, if none of these are available, you should go ahead a write the support team via email, 'cause this is something quite delicate for being treated in a public forum, as it involves granting access to your account. I'm sure that if it's within their possibilities to help you, they will.

Hopefully, this is of help ;) Any doubt, let us know!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @michaelochoa! We may be able to help you, but we don't exchange the kind of personally-identifying details necessary to do so in this public forum. If you'll get in touch with us at support@1password.com and mention you've lost access to your 2FA app somewhere in the body of your email. One of the team will be able to see what we can do. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.