1P7 does not copy the ID and Password into the fiels of a login window.

Options
hvaneeden
hvaneeden
Community Member

When I click on a bank icon or any other log in icon, 1P7 does bring Safari to the front, but does not open the requested URL window. When I open a login window manually, 1P7 extension does not fill in the ID and Password. This has been going on ever since I bought it on 4/18/19. This is very annoying.
I have tried everything I can think off, restarting 1P7, Safari and the MAC. Sometimes it seems to work and then I stops working again.
Please help.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Wlan
Referrer: forum-search:Nothing is working in 1P7. Clicking on a login icon only brings Safari to the front. No fill in.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hvaneeden!

Is the 1Password browser extension enabled in your Safari preferences?

• hvaneeden
    hvaneeden
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hvaneeden,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have two more questions for you:

1. Is this also happening with every website in Safari, or is it limited to a specific URL?
    2. Do you have the chance to see if this works on a different browser? This would help understand if this is a 1Password issue or a specific browser issue.

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hvaneeden - one additional question for you, beyond what ag_ana has already asked: are both 1Password 7 for Mac and Safari located in your main /Applications folder and not anywhere else, ~/Applications? As of version 7 of 1Password for Mac, you will need to have 1Password and all browsers located in /Applications in order for the extension to work.

• hvaneeden
    hvaneeden
    Community Member
    Options

Yes they are.

• hvaneeden
    hvaneeden
    Community Member
    Options

Yes they are.

• Ben
    Options

@hvaneeden

I don't believe you've addressed Ana's questions, here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/502797/#Comment_502797

Is this also happening with every website in Safari, or is it limited to a specific URL?
    Do you have the chance to see if this works on a different browser? This would help understand if this is a 1Password issue or a specific browser issue.

Could you please let me know the answer to each of those questions?

Ben

• hvaneeden
    hvaneeden
    Community Member
    Options

I did answer her, but it seems that it got lost.
    Right now it is happening only in Safari Technology Preview although it has happened in Safari as well as FireFox. I switched back to Safari and so far so good.

• hvaneeden
    hvaneeden
    Community Member
    Options

It is working in FireFox and now also in Safari. I was using Safari Technology Preview and in this browser it is intermittent and right now, it is not working. In FireFox, there is no extension for 1P7. I'll go back to using Safari, but since things worked and then quit working before, I am not hopeful.

• Ben
    Options

@hvaneeden

Ah, thank you. I'm sorry to hear your original answers were lost. :( You can find the 1Password extension for Firefox here:

https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• hvaneeden
    hvaneeden
    Community Member
    Options

This has been resolved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hvaneeden, thank you for the update. :) I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.