Website with multiple levels of passwords

Hello,

Let us consider a website like those allowing access to stock exchange, through various trading companies. You have a login page with username/password/2fa credentials. Then, after you are in, you have a password (no username) to confirm your orders. All this happens with a web app that works at same subdomain, i.e. you cannot discriminate the login info via subdomains.

You end up with two login items for the same address. And the 1P app does not work as expected, i.e. select one login and done. You have to work in two steps, select and paste username and then select and paste password.

Do you have a solution for this?
Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hfpop - nope, we don't. That's because it's using two different mechanisms/systems: the first for the actual sign-in to the site itself, and the second for confirming orders. You can of course add this second, order-confirmation password into an extra field in the Login item...but it won't be filled automatically because it's not part of the main sign-in credentials which are at the top of the record. You could try using our instructions for creating a multi-page login, but that may or may not work for you, considering that - at least from what I understand of your description - the second "order-confirmation" password is not necessarily entered immediately following the usual login/password pair. It may be worth experimenting with, however.

• hfpop
    hfpop
    Community Member

@Lars - Thank you for the idea with multi-page login. I imagine it won't work, because, as I understand the algorithm, this will create a login entry in two steps: firstly add the username, and secondly add the password. But the idea with the separate field is worth considering, even if it will not be filled automatically. Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hfpop - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.