Custom icons in Android

Martijnn
Martijnn
Community Member

In 1Password for Windows or Mac, you can give every item a custom icon.
I would also like to see these icons in Android and iOS.
Can you make this possible?

1Password Version: 7.1.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9 (Pie)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited May 2019

Hi @Martijnn. Thanks for reaching out to request support for custom icons on Android. I'll pass this request on to our development team. Thanks! :)

ref: android-327

• HatefulBlock744
    HatefulBlock744
    Community Member

I was also wondering if this is a planned update for android devices? I understand you're busy with other things, but this would be a nice touch which I'm sure a lot of users would appreciate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HatefulBlock744: It's on our todo list, and something we'd like too, honestly. :) I can't say when, but custom icons will come to 1Password for Android in a future update. Thanks for letting us know this is important to you too!

• Celf
    Celf
    Community Member

I hope you've put this icon request on a shortlist. It's an old request, at least a year old. On Android a lot of the icons just look plain ugly. I've switched of the "high definition" icons because it's a useless feature on Android....it doesn't even work. To be honest I'm having a hard time to understand the reason why a basic feature like this is an IOS only feature and why it takes so long before you're even thinking about implementing it. When i'm correct the price of the IOS and Android versions is the same....not the features!

• Hi @Celf. 1Password is developed natively on each platform, so we're not necessarily on the same development schedule as other platforms. Further, 1Password has been around a lot longer on iOS, so we've had more time to flesh things out there. We do have an open issue to support custom icons on Android, and I'll let my team know this is important to you. If you're noticing any particular icons that don't look right, please let me know so I can look into it. Thanks!

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member

@peri Will this feature also be released for 1Password X?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Martijnn: This discussion is about 1Password for Android, but yes 1Password X already displays custom icons. :)

This discussion has been closed.