how Often do I need to login to use a Family Account under IOS.

limekiln
limekiln
Community Member

Transitioning from standalone version 6 of 1Password on 2 physical iphones/individual IOS which synced using Dropbox - to a Family Account. How often does the IOS user need to login into the Family Account ? I’m going to guess once, unless you reboot the iPhone..... Also assuming logging in to account needs Secret Key and Master password each time.... is there anyway to simplify the need to enter the Secret key and Master password? Any shortcut? Anyway to use 1Password to supply the login?

Using latest versions of both IOS and Mac applications, under the most recent operating system.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Login

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @limekiln!

How often does the IOS user need to login into the Family Account ?

You only have to add your login credentials once, the first time you add your account to the 1Password app. Afterwards, you will only have to enter your Master Password to unlock the app.

Also assuming logging in to account needs Secret Key and Master password each time.... is there anyway to simplify the need to enter the Secret key and Master password? Any shortcut?

Yes! To enter your account credentials automatically, with the exception of the Master Password, you can scan the setup code on your Emergency Kit.

Anyway to use 1Password to supply the login?

Using 1Password to enter the Master Password too, in addition to the other fields, is not possible: in order to have 1Password fill data, you have to first unlock it with the Master Password. So you will always have to enter the Master Password at least once.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.