Can I prevent 1Password X from filling my credit card number into more than 1 field?

I was just buying a plane ticket and the order form had an optional field for an Agent #, which I left blank. When I got to the billing section and clicked to auto-fill my CC info, it put my credit card number into the CC# field, as well as the blank Agent # field. I can't think of a case when you'd want to put your credit card number into more than one field at checkout, and my CC number is the last thing I would want to be erroneously submitted in a text field. The CC details go to the payment processor, but the other fields could potentially be read by people at the airline.

Maybe there should be some way to make sure it only fills into one field. If it filled it into some field off screen, I might have submitted it without knowing.

(BTW, the login form on this same site also didn't auto-fill, but that's less of a concern right now)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: X 1.14.3
OS Version: Firefox Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password x fills credit card number into multiple fields

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marshall_stacks! Thanks for pointing this out. My main concern here is that your credit card number was filled into an 'Agent #' field. I think you have a great idea to only fill your credit card once, but 1Password shouldn't be mistaking an Agent # field as a credit card number in the first place. I'd love to take a look at the payment form where this took place so I can bring it up to our devs. Would you mind sharing the website URL? I should be able to recreate the issue fairly easily given you were purchasing plane tickets which I shouldn't need an account for.

• marshall_stacks
    marshall_stacks
    Community Member

Sure, the site is https://www.harbourair.com/
    One small correction: The field I called the "Agent #" field is actually a "tracking number" field for travel agents or something. Either way, you'll see what I mean:

Just search for any flight, for example Vancouver -> Victoria

A modal window will pop up with the flights available; You can just scroll down to section 4: Payment & Billing Information.

I selected Master Card in the left column and then used 1Password X to fill my CC info into the right column.

When the CC info auto-filled, I noticed it also filled into the "Tracking Number (Optional)" empty field at the bottom of section 3 ("Flight Summary"). The field was highlighted blue and populated with my credit card info. I had to delete the contents of that field before I submitted the form.

Let me know if you need any more info from me! Cheers.

• Hey @marshall_stacks. Perfect! Thank you for the detailed explanation. I was able to reproduce this using 1Password X and have gone ahead and reported it to my team so we can get to work on a fix, which looks like it might entail manually telling 1Password to avoid that field on our end. In the meantime, it looks like manually deleting your credit card number from that extra field before submitting is the best route you can take. I'm really sorry for the obstruction this has been to your workflow but am grateful you took the time to report it. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.