10.14.4 and filling in usernames and passwords

Options

What has happened to being able to immediately filling in my passwords & usernames stored in 1P w macOS 10.14.4 1P simply refuses to work on some web sites, not all. 10.14.4 has done something to prevent 1P or Safari passwords from working at some sites. Do you have a thread ast to how to eliminate this inability to use 1P? I purchased StoptheMadness, but Amazon web site still doesn't work w 1P.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. I should have allowed autocomplete in StoptheMadness.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blackxacto!

I am not familiar with StoptheMadness, but is everything working fine now?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I did not get back to you, but 1Password works fine for me now, except,

I reinstalled my iMac 10.14.5 from scratch. No migration. Why do I get a 1Password key lock menu when I boot my iMac now. I have looked for how to shut this off and only respond if I request, but can't find how to turn off the menu. It's the opening menu w the key lock that I must enter my password to use 1P. How do I turn this off at boot up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blackxacto,

Why do I get a 1Password key lock menu when I boot my iMac now.

Can you please post a screenshot of this menu?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

This is the screen at boot up

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto: If you have 1Password open when you restart/shutdown and you check the box to have macOS reopen windows on login, it should also reopen 1Password like that.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have reopen apps on restart, checked. I used Force Quit window to quit everything before I rebooted. But still the 1P window opens at boot up. What have I done? 1P never did this until I wiped my SSD and reinstalled everything from scratch. No migration.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto: 1Password cannot start itself. It looks to me like you have 1Password in your user account's login items: "These items will open automatically when you log in". If you don't want the OS to do that, you'd need to remove it from there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, thank you for your patience. I thought it was needed there to start automatically. Thank you for the clarity. Youre right i only need it when i need it, not before. Thank you very much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackxacto: Ah, I get what you mean! Thanks for mentioning that. It sounds like you just want 1Password mini to run in the background, so that you're able to use 1Password in your browser even without opening the main window. If you have "Always Keep 1Password Extension Helper Running" enabled in 1Password Preferences > Browsers, you'll be all set with that. You don't need 1Password in your login items. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.