To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Paid the 9.99, now it wants me on membership

karli
karli
Community Member

I backed my new phone up from the cloud, and it wasn’t letting me into 1Password. I had previously paid the $9.99 one time fee years ago. I deleted and reinstalled the app. I signed in and now my account is frozen. It wants me to pay the subscription which I don’t want to do since I already paid. I just want my account back. It won’t even show me all of my passwords that I previously had.

Comments

• Hi @karli,

The $9.99 "Pro features" don't give you an account. Only membership gives you an account. Without a membership you wouldn't have an account, but that's okay. You don't need to have an account to use 1Password. It sounds like you signed up for a trial membership — that is what would be frozen, that trial. How were you syncing your 1Password data on the old phone? Do you still have access to 1Password on the old phone?

Please let me know.

Ben

• karli
    karli
    Community Member

I used the same email and master password to sign in onto my new phone. That shows nothing on there. My old phone still has all the info.

• Okay, well, that is a good start. On the old phone how are you syncing your data? You'll want to set that same sync method up on the new one. On the new phone select Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data. Then from the welcome screen instead of selecting the 1Password account option select the same sync option you're using on the old phone:

Sync your 1Password data

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• karli
    karli
    Community Member

That worked. I was able to pull it off the cloud. Thank you.

• Great. Thanks for the update @karli. If you haven't yet done so you may wish to delete the membership trial that you created so as to not cause confusion in the future:

If you know the Master Password for your 1Password membership please see this guide for instructions on how to delete it:

How to delete your 1Password account

If you have forgotten your credentials or no longer have access to your membership please see this thread for instructions:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over

Otherwise it'll just hang around, potentially indefinitely.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.