Single login across all 1Password plugins (Password plug, desktop app, Password X)

Options

(sidebar: I love both the science behind 1Password and the tone of your correspondences [i.e. positive plus there are no dumb questions])

This question however may have already been asked many times (I just couldn't coerce a search), but:

Is there a reason why 1Password plugins use the Desktop app's login, but Password X plugins don't?

Okay - I can guess why (IPC is a pain), and maybe I'm just being picky, but as I hop around applications, browsers and the desktop I find myself relogging into pieces with a high level of frequency. Don't get me wrong, security is GREAT (don't knock it), but when I find myself logging into the desktop app, tweaking a login and then going into the browser and having to log in a second time into Password X, I have to think why?

Particularly as I don't with the Edge 1Password plugin (be it a tad buggy), simply because its augmenting the desktop app. Couldn't Password X merge universes? Be its great self, but inherit the common login approach of its elder?

It's a picky piece of Ux I know, and yes, there are other workflows I'm slowly learning, but still, do you see what I mean?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Single login across 1password and 1password X

Comments

• Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us and for being a 1Password customer. :smile: I certainly agree, this would be a great thing to see. We are actually beta testing integration between 1Password for Mac and 1Password X currently. While I don't have anything definitive to share, I hope that once that is released into production, 1Password for Windows and 1Password X can happen next. Keep your eyes peeled on our beta forum!

For reference, here is our announcement for the feature on Mac: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101231/introducing-desktop-app-integration-for-mac/p1

This discussion has been closed.