1P on new iPad-How to sync with iCloud vault?

Options
Jody
Jody
Community Member

Hello, I own 1P 6 and on my iMac, laptop and iPhone everything is syncing fine with iCloud. On my new iPad I downloaded iP, and after choosing iCloud after the "Already Using 1Password" section it finds the iCloud vault but is asking me for a master password. Which password is it looking for - my Apple password? I've tried a few things, but no success.

If this is some unique 1P password I might have to reset it, because I can't find record of it.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Jody
    Jody
    Community Member
    Options

Well I've answered my own question, it's looking for the 1P login password! Not very obvious that that is what was wanted.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jody,

We call the "1Password login password" the "Master Password." I don't believe that term is used anywhere in Apple's ecosystem, so outside of other 3rd party apps "Master Password" would always refer to your password for 1Password. Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

• Jody
    Jody
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, going to chalk it up to extreme tiredness after an international flight. However just in case someone else isn’t sure, adding the words “1Password Master Password” could help clarify, especially because you seemingly are “contacting” iCloud.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jody - thanks for the feedback, sorry for the confusion, and get some rest. :)

This discussion has been closed.