Related items don't function correctly in 1Password X

jadchaar
jadchaar
Community Member

I was just looking at an entry in 1PX that I have a related item for. I have the related item showing perfectly in 1Password for Mac, but when I go to the same login entry in 1PX, the related item is simply a large random string (seems to me like a random password).

Also, I have the ability to Copy and reveal it as Large text, but the Large option, when clicked, closes the 1Password X popup.

1Password Version: 1.16.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jadchaar! Always lovely to hear from you. :smile: The "random string" you're seeing is the item's UUID (universally unique identifier). I agree we can do better here, and we have an issue filed internally to better support related items. I'd like to see this soon, personally, but I don't have any timeline I can share as to when we'll be making changes here (as I'm sure you understand).

Regarding the Large Type issue here, although I'm not sure if it'll be relevant anymore when we make changes, could you give me more explicit steps to reproduce? I'm able to click on Related Items and click "Large" and view the UUID in Large Type. Is this for all your items, or just some? Any particular category?

ref: x/b5x#1051

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Hi @ag_mcarlyle, it seems that the large type issue is not coming up anymore--it was probably a one time thing.

Thanks for obliging the issue with the UUID--that behavior can definitely be improved.

• @jadchaar you're welcome! As always, let us know if you notice anything else with the new pop-up design or anywhere else 1Password related. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.