To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't access secret code

Options
cranshinibon
cranshinibon
Community Member

I have the one password app on my phone but due to an issue with my screen locking not working I am about to be locked out of my phone, and the only way to go about it is to log into my e-mail address and unlock it that way. Unfortunately, I saved my e-mail password in one password on my device and I can't bypass the lock screen without access to my e-mail. I signed up for a trial, which is now frozen, and was given a secret code, which is on my phone, which I can't access.

I have access to my computer, but since I don't have my secret code, I can't log into one password to get the password. I am so frustrated right now and I have no idea what I can do, since all of the information I need is on the phone that I am locked out of.

Can someone please help, I have no idea what I can do right now, especially when I know my master password, but there seems to be no other way to retrieve the secret code needed to log in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cranshinibon, and welcome to the forum!

the only way to go about it is to log into my e-mail address and unlock it that way

Can you please elaborate on this a little bit? What is the exact problem with the screen lock? I am not sure I understand the connection between the screen lock and your email address, so if you could clarify this I think it would be useful.

I have access to my computer, but since I don't have my secret code, I can't log into one password to get the password.

There are several places where you can retrieve the Secret Key. Have you tried all of these options already? For example, if you stored a copy of your Emergency Kit, you would be able to get the Secret Key from there without having to login to 1Password first.

This discussion has been closed.