secure.force.com login filling failure

The login form for this Salesforce page for House of Air fails in a strange way -- I can see the username and password fill in, then disappear. Even copying & pasting them separately fails. Disabling the 1password extension and then copy/pasting succeeds.

https://houseofair.secure.force.com/PortalEntrance?redirect=/apex/MyAccount

Version 7.3.BETA-14 (but the same behavior w/production versions for months)

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-14
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spearlmutter! Welcome to the forum!

What browser is this happening with please?

• spearlmutter
    spearlmutter
    Community Member

Currently seeing this with Safari Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4).

When I was still using Chrome last year, it failed there, too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @spearlmutter! I was able to reproduce the same behavior here, and I am not sure why the details are being removed by the website after 1Password has filled them properly.

I was however able to copy and paste them even with 1Password enabled. Where did you copy and paste them from? Was it directly from the browser extension or was it from the desktop app?

• spearlmutter
    spearlmutter
    Community Member

Good question. If I copy/paste from the desktop app, I can actually get both pasted in, but when I click the Login button, they disappear. If I try to copy/paste from the extension, the login disappears when I go back to the browser to paste the password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spearlmutter

I can actually get both pasted in, but when I click the Login button, they disappear.

This seems strange. In your example, you are not using 1Password to fill, but still when you click the Login button, those details disappear. Do you maybe have some security software installed? I guess I would just like to make sure that there isn't anything that is interfering with 1Password and your browser.

• spearlmutter
    spearlmutter
    Community Member

I have Wipr (the content blocker) installed, but that's the only other Safari extension. Disabling the 1Password extension and then copying/pasting from 1Password mini works fine. Reenabling the extension and trying again, I see the clearing behavior. After I paste the username, and go back and click on the 1Password menubar icon to get the password, the username disappears. I don't even have to click login.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spearlmutter: I've moved this to the Mac beta category of the forum since it sounds like that's what you're using. We've made a number of improvements over the course of the beta, and we'll continue to do so. But I wonder if updating might help. For some reason it looks like you've got an outdated extension in Safari, and macOS and Safari itself are due for an update. Please do the following, and we'll see if that helps at all (apart from having stability and security benefits):

1. Quit 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q
    2. Quit Safari
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    4. Do the available updates for Safari and macOS is System Preferences
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/

That will definitely help with reliability with Safari itself, but let me know if you see any other improvements.

This discussion has been closed.