Pin Password Feature Request

Options

OK, so I wish there were an option to set up and "hide" a pin without flagging it as a "password" and then always getting "alerts" indicating it was not "secure" etc. There are many cases where a "secondary" pin is required on a website and would be great to put this in 1Password as well as have 1Password generate this.

1Password Version: iPasswordX
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Mac & Windows
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wzielicke – welcome to the forum! I'm interested in hearing more about your use case. Could you give me some sort of example where a PIN is used? Here's my idea of it:

A bank login requires a username and password on the first sign in page, and a PIN on the second page. If that were the case, your item in 1Password would probably look like a typical Login with a username and password along with an additional PIN in Saved Form Details or in a custom section of the Login. Are you indicating that you're using a completely separate Login for the PIN in which case 1Password picks it up as the password? If that's the case, please let me know!

P.S.: If you feel more comfortable discussing this over email rather than a public forum, we can definitely do that! I figured I'd start the conversation here, and we can switch to email if you'd prefer. :)

• wzielicke
    wzielicke
    Community Member
    Options

I am not using a seperate login. My issue is I am trying to "hide" the pin unless I copy it out.
    The "pin" is an additional field. In one case the 8 digit "Pin" is the password and it is it's own "login" as it is required to be an 8 digit pin.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wzielicke – I see! Thanks for explaining that to me. If you have a PIN stored as an additional section, it shouldn't be triggering Watchtower and saying it's a vulnerable password. I tested this out myself, and even having a PIN of 12345678 doesn't trigger the vulnerable password banner for me. Here's how the Login item would look in 1Password X:

If the PIN is on the same page as the sign in page, would you mind sharing the URL with me? I may be able to find a workaround to get the PIN hidden in 1Password X, but I'd need to play around with it a bit.

This discussion has been closed.