To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can I convert a single membership into a family plan?

Options
teehas53
teehas53
Community Member

I installed 1PW 7 on my wife's iPad about a year ago. She has had v.6.8.8 on a laptop before that (still does, her primary vault is there.) I have v.6.8.8 on an iMac and v.7.3.1 on my iPhone and 7.1 on iPad. We have never set up her account fully and she hasn't been able to access her vault on the iPad.

I now want to put her and myself on a family account together (but we will still use different vaults.) I also want to update to v.7 on the iMac before upgrading to Mojave.

What's the best way to clean up this mess? We obviously don't want to be paying for two accounts when one is cheaper. Thx!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@teehas53: With a 1Password Families membership, each person has their own account with a unique Secret Key, a Master Password they choose, and their own Private vault which is theirs alone. So no problem there.

I'm not totally clear on what the "mess" is, so if you can elaborate that might help. If you just mean that you each have completely separate memberships right now, that's not too big of a deal. One of you will just have to invite the other to setup a new account under a new family plan (the person who does this will keep their existing account), and then they only need to move their data from the old account to the new one.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• teehas53
    teehas53
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply @brenty. The mess is somewhat self-inflicted...

If I sign up for a family account and then invite my wife, after I have confirmed that her setup is working fine can we delete her individual account? Currently I believe she is being billed monthly for an individual account and I have no account (still using my "legacy" 1Password from many years ago.)

Does this help clarify?

T

• Ben
    Options

@teehas53

No worries, it isn't that uncommon of a situation. Once you have invited your wife to join your 1Password Families membership and she has created an account there and migrated her data to it she can delete the current individual membership. We'd recommend double checking that her data is visible in the family membership under her account at https://my.1password.com/ before taking that step, so as to avoid any data loss.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.