How Do I Add Existing Password to 1Password Account? How do I get HELP when I need it?

Options
tutupapi
tutupapi
Community Member

How do I add existing passwords to my 1Password account? The 1Password window asking if I want to add the password does NOT pop up when I log into and account, and when i following the instructions to open 1Password in Safari and select the setting tool button, the SAVE NEW LOGIN is NOT an option. I can't find any tutorials or guides that match what I am seeing on my computer--this is very frustrating!!!! I have spend hours download and setting up 1Password on all our devises, and now I can't find basic set-by-step instructions to make the application work (at least not instructions that match what I have on my screen). And 1Password has no CHAT assistance or a number to call--so I have to wait and hope that someone responds to this--but can't have a conversation with anyone to help me NOW when I need help.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: os12.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@tutupapi,

The best way to save logins into 1Password is through the use of our browser extensions. You can read about the extensions here:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

In some cases 1Password may not be able to detect that a login form has been submitted. In those cases it would be best to manually save the login using the extension:

How to save a Login manually in your browser | 1Password

You're right that unfortunately we're not able to provide telephone or "live chat" assistance, but we're happy to help either here via this forum or by email (support@1password.com), though we'd kindly ask that you avoid contacting us by both methods for the same issue. Doing so may cause a duplication of efforts, which slows the support process down for everyone (including you).

I hope that helps! Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.