Keyboard shortcut not working in Safari

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Command \ works once for a url but not twice.

Comments

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I have started running in to a similar problem on both my Macs. Randomly, Command \ does not enter my credentials on various websites. If I use another tab or restart Safari, Command \ works properly. I used my shortcut to this forum, and auto fill did not work until I restarted Safari.

I also tried to enter my identity info on an online form today...nothing was entered into the form by 1PW until I restarted Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VirgilBoy: What OS, 1Password, browser, and extension version are you using? If restarting the browser helps, it sounds like something was hung up there.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

OS X 10.14.5, 1PW 7.2.6, Safari 12.1.1, Ext 7.2.5

I wish it was that simple. It has been going on for close to a week. Tonite I went to a tab that already had the login page for my bank (leftover from last time I used it and then logged out). Command \ does nothing. If I load the page again in another tab, Command \ works. Refreshing the troublesome tab does not help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VirgilBoy: Thanks! The extension Safari has is wrong; it should be the same as the app. So you either made a minor typo, or the problem is that Safari hasn't updated it for some reason. please try the following:

1. Quit 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q
    2. Quit Safari
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac (good opportunity to install recent updates first if you haven't yet)
    5. Install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/
    6. Open Safari and give it another try

Let me know how it goes!

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty I did notice the wrong extension was installed on 1 Mac. I was not having any luck reinstalling 1PW and it's proper extension. Working on it now with your steps...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VirgilBoy: Sounds good! Totally not your fault. Sometimes Safari seems to get a bit confused... That should do the trick, but let me know either way.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

I was hopeful after the reinstalll but still seeing the issue. 1PW and it's extension are now 7.2.6. I will test on Firefox and get back to you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VirgilBoy: I suspect you'll be okay in Firefox, unless there's a deeper issue. If you're still having trouble with Safari though (or anything else), Please restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#NYK-47636-337]

If you’re reading this and you are not VirgilBoy, this Support ID is for VirgilBoy only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: NYK-47636-337

This discussion has been closed.