Deleting Primary Account and QR Code Setup problems

Options
Colorado99
Colorado99
Community Member

I'm having issues syncing my account across devices and managing the various vaults. I purchased the standalone app years ago, but recently moved over to the subscription based version. Here are my two main issues as of late:

I am trying to delete my Primary Vault on my MAC, as it seems to be messing things up. I have a Personal Vault which I am using now. When I go to delete the Primary, it asks me for my Master password; which I provide. It then asks me for my account password, which will now become my master password. I apparently do not know what this is. I thought I only had a Master password. So I am unable to delete my Primary account.

My second issue is setting up my Personal Vault on my IOS device. My IOS device was previously syncing over ICloud my Primary account. So i removed syncing with ICloud, deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it. I went through set up with the QR code, enter my details, but then it just gets stuck thinking.... Nothing saying it took or rejected the information I entered. It just hangs.. So now I have no vaults on my Iphone. This is getting really frustrating. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Colorado99

If you look in your "Personal" vault (not "Primary") do you see a Login item for 1Password.com? If so that should contain the password that you need. Regarding the situation with your iPhone... could you please make sure the date/time/timezone on the device are accurate? You'll need the password from above to set this up, in addition to scanning the QR code.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• Colorado99
    Colorado99
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben! I found the password where you said it would be. That got everything cleared up. I appreciate the help!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Glad that helped. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.