Rich icon for 1Password account does not display correctly

Options
hly0928
hly0928
Community Member

Hi, I've encountered a problem with rich icon for my 1Password account.

As you can see in the screenshot attached, your login website is filled correctly, but the site icon does not display. Plus, when I checked 1Password app on my iPhone, the icon would not appear either. Then I checked my.1password.com, and found the icon properly displayed there...(as in the screenshot below)

I've tried several methods myself to fix this, none of which worked:

• Duplicate the original 1Password account item and delete the original one
  • Turn off "rich icon" in preferences, restart my Mac, and turn it on again
  • Reinstall 1Password from Mac App Store
  • Reset All 1Password Data and sign in to my account again

Also I've read some previous discussions on this forum. It seems that the rich icon is downloaded from your image server, based on the website URL of the item. So I'm really confused why your own website does not have a rich icon now. And I remember the icon used to display correctly, but recently it just disappeared.

Of course I can set a customized icon on my own, but I assume it should not work like this for your website. Hope you can look into this problem. Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300019) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hly0928

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to get a rich icon to display for 1Password.com. Looking at my own setup I do see the rich icon for each of my 1Password accounts. Are other rich icons working as expected?

Ben

• hly0928
    hly0928
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, all the other rich icons are working. I’ve also done an experiment - change the URL of 1Password item to “google.com”, and then the icon became Google icon in seconds. But when I changed back to your website the icon disappeared.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @hly0928. I believe I was able to reproduce this issue. I'll file a report with our team to see if we can get that fixed up. Thank you for letting us know!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.