Feature Request: Add recently modified items to Recently Used list

TheDave
TheDave
Community Member

Howdy!

I'd like to see items modified (on other devices) to show up in the Recently Used list as devices synchronize them. Here's the use case:

1. Find a cool new service/app.
  2. Create an account, adding my credentials to 1Password.
  3. Grab another device.
  4. Eagerly login to the same service/app.
  5. Open 1Password to find my details... And I have to go looking.

At this stage it would be quite useful to have the newly created item easy to find in the top of the Recently Used list. It would be less useful if a large number of items were modified, but I doubt it would be particularly harmful either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheDave: I'm not sure it would be great to add it there, but I agree that it would be nice to be able to view items by modified date, and perhaps sort them other ways too. The challenge is finding a good way to do that which doesn't clutter the UI, especially on all the popular smaller devices out there -- those iPhones. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

On the desktop maybe sorting options make sense (I'm mixed at the overall utility) but especially on mobile the Recently Used seems like an ideal place to slip something in where it won't be noticed unless it is needed, and won't bother anyone if it isn't needed, while adding zero UI clutter. And it is recently used (just on another device).

The only downside that I can see from a user perspective is that the 3rd-last-used-item might get pushed off the list, which I don't see as something that would generate user confusion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Two problems, depending on the approach:

• Long list? Then it's still going to be pretty heard to find things.
    • Short list? Then items quickly get pushed off the list altogether -- maybe not confusing, but frustrating if you're counting on that to find something and it's gone.

Both are much simpler to solve/balance on a big screen, like a computer or one of the larger iPads; but the vast majority of Apple devices out there are iPhones, so I think it's important to prioritize that a bit. Perhaps we'll find a good way to do this in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.