Why isn't the mini offering to save passwords?

Options
Annamarie Pluhar
Annamarie Pluhar
Community Member

What did you do to the ability to save a new login manually in the mini? I have a client (actually two now) where the mini isn't offering to save passwords and there is no way to manually tell it to save the new login. Is this a new feature? It's a problem.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Annamarie Pluhar

A new login can be saved manually by selecting the gear icon in the upper right corner of 1Password mini and then selecting "New Login":

1Password should still be prompting as per usual to save logins as they are submitted, though. If that is not happening please have them try restarting their Macs.

Ben

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

My point is that the New Login option is not visible. I didn't have a way to include a screenshot before. I know it should be there. so why isn't it?

• Ben
    Options

@Annamarie Pluhar

I'm not sure what that is that you're running there, but it isn't 1Password 7.3 for Mac with v4.7.4.90 (the latest versions) of the 1Password desktop extension. Please make sure to update both to those versions.

Ben

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

After I took that screenshot I did update. (This is with a client whom I coach remotely.) Still no place to save new login.

• Ben
    Options

Okay. Can you post a new screenshot?

Ben

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

I will as soon as I get one - it's on the clients computer.....

• Ben
    Options

We'd be happy to work with the client directly if that would help expedite the process. They're our customer as well after all. :) Either way, let us know. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.