Email Account Shortcuts

Options
TonyDennis
TonyDennis
Community Member

Our vision of Email Account shortcuts is for two primary functions:
1. To be able to click on a shortcut to log into webmail or email admin accounts.
2. To store the information about an email account's settings for setting up the account in apps, etc.

Currently, the Email Accounts template has much of the 2nd info, but we currently have to create a separate Login shortcut for the 1st task as the Email Accounts template doesn't have web address fields to be used for logging into webmail, etc. (at least that I can find🤔).

It would be very helpful (and seem to make sense) that the Email Accounts template would include web addresses for logging in to the account so there can be a single 1P shortcut for email accounts, not two. Am I missing something?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, I saw the following in a previous post from Lars on April 1st:

We are in the process of working towards allowing users to create custom categories, where you'd be able to create entirely new types of templates that you can define (nearly) all parts of. This is only available in 1Password Business accounts currently, and only with the beta features turned on, because it's still not quite ready for a stable release just yet.

I am a business beta tester, so where would I find this feature?

• Ben
    Options

@TonyDennis

If you have a 1Password Business membership you can explore beta features here:

https://start.1password.com/settings/beta

Thanks!

Ben

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I turned on beta features. Is there any documentation on how to use those features?

• Ben
    Options

@TonyDennis

Not that I'm aware of — not while they're in beta. I'd recommend reaching out to our business team at business@1password.com if you need help with them, as those folks would be in the best position to assist. :)

Ben

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, will do.

I just realized I put my last couple of messages in the wrong post!🤔

Do you have any feedback on my original note about the Email Account shortcut/template?

• Ben
    Options

Outside of the custom categories that you're testing there isn't a way to accomplish what you're asking for without having separate Login and Email Account items. You could link these items using the Related Items feature, though.

Ben

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but what's "the Related Items feature"?

• Ben
    Options

Not being stupid at all. We were all new to the product at one point. :)

Link related items in 1Password

Ben

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, but it's a bit embarrassing when you've been using and supporting it for your clients for years!🤔

There are just some features I've not yet gotten around to getting to know, you know?😉

• Ben
    Options

I've been here 10+ years and I learn something new every day. ;)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.