Not autofilling the 2FA token on evernote.com

gordcook
gordcook
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I have the One Time Password stored with my evernote.com login item.

Observed behaviour:

1. The username fills correctly.
  2. I click "Continue"
  3. The password field appears and it is autofilled.
  4. I click "Sign In"
  5. A new page is loaded with the words "Enter Code", a blurb about Google authenticator, and an empty field.
  6. I click on the browser extension icon, copy the current token, paste it into the empty box, and click "Sign In".

Expected behaviour:

Based on my experience with other sites, my expectation is that the OTP field would be autofilled and the copy/paste operation would be unnecessary.

What I have tried:

I have saved a new login by following the instructions at https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/ (although I had to adapt somewhat because I am using 1Password X for Chrome). There was no visible difference in behaviour when using the new login item.

Additional information:

In devtools, the OTP field looks like this:

<li>
          <label>Enter the code displayed in your Google authenticator app.</label>
          <div>
            <input type="text" value="" class="TextInput otc-code" id="otc-code" name="code" autocomplete="off" data-com.onepassword.iv="">
            </div>
        </li>

If there is more information that I can provide, please let me know.

Gord.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1Password X v1.15.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• gordcook
    gordcook
    Community Member

Well, this is embarrassing. The issue is not there on the website today. I'm not sure what changed, but the input box has new attributes and it is now autofilling my 2FA OTP.

<input type="text" value="" class="TextInput otc-code" id="otc-code" name="code" autocomplete="off" data-com.onepassword.iv="" data-op-id="0" data-com-onepassword-filled="light">

Now I just need someone to reply with :+1: :smile: and we're all set. :wink:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gordcook,

I wish I could explain why it wasn't working for you before but I wouldn't be surprised if its one of those weird events that turns out to be almost impossible to reproduce with any consistency. If you find the issue returns please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.