Website for last filled item opens when unlocking

johntighi
johntighi
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

I just updated to 1password version 7.3 and see that a bug that existed one year ago in version 7.0 is back in a slightly different form.

Safari is set to my default browser. The bug occurs when I go to a browser other than safari, ie. Brave, Vivaldi, Firefox.

a. make sure 1password7 is unlocked. can be unlocked I guess.
1. Open Brave ( you can replace brave with Vivaldi, or Firefox. I am sure it will happen with any browser)
2. go to www.somewebsite.com
3. use keystroke -> "command \" to pull password
4. do whatever on somewebsite
5. logout of somewebsite
6. quit brave
7. lock 1password7
8. unlock 1password7
At this point the bug happens by opening the last web page login in the default browser. in this case, safari.

I have not tried this, but I am sure that if I quit safari in step 6 that safari will open to the last login page.

Also, this does bug does not occur if you remove step 6 and leave the other browser open.

awaiting 7.3.1 bug fix...

John

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.2.6
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: null

Comments

• Hi @johntighi, and thanks for the bug report. Someone on our team spotted it this morning as well and I have indeed triaged it into the 7.3.1 release. If we can get it into that update we certainly will.

• cflee
    cflee
    Community Member

I'm not sure whether it's the same cause, but I'm getting the same symptom of it opening a new tab with one of my passwords' sites in my default browser, whenever I directly launch the 1Password app from Spotlight and enter the master password to unlock it.

1Password 7.3 (70300020)
    macOS 10.14.5

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cflee - are you using other browsers at the same time, or at all?

• cflee
    cflee
    Community Member

@Lars At that point, it's only my default browser Chrome that was open. However, I just reproduced it with no browsers open at all, and it launched Chrome to open that link.

In Chrome, I use 1Password X, so the link is carried over from a site that is used on Firefox. Oddly enough, this was perfectly reproducible until I opened Firefox and invoked Cmd-\ a couple times, then it's finally stopped this tab opening thing.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cflee - thanks for reporting. As mrrooni said up above, hang tight and see if the 7.3.1 update solves this issue for you. If not, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.