Comments

• umbrella
    umbrella
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

is there any solution for that?

I got exactly the same issue on BOTH of my iOS devices :(
    I guess it's since iOS 12.3, or bit earlier. And since a few 1Password updates in between, can't tell for sure.
    Either login fields stay emtpy, or whole safari shows only black screen when I want to insert login data. No matter if I use "old" way or the new AutoFill option.
    Also AutoFill doesn't work anymore in other Apps, for example a VPN client app. - Field just stays empty, no list to search for the saved credentials like it use to be in the past.

I use latest version of 1Password (7.3.1) and latest iOS (12.3.1). Devices are iPad Air 2 and iPhone X.

1Password app itself works as usual. I can browse saved credentials, see attachments,...

I use Dropbox sync between 2 Windows 10 devices and mentioned iOS devices, if this matters.
    1Password for Windows is also latest (7.3.684). Further on Windows the Chrome plugin works well, here I still can fill everything I want.

I've already restarted iOS devices, reinstalled app, disabled and enabled AutoFill function, killed iCloud and all settings through the settings section in the app - Nothing helped! :(

Please help, inserting credentials directly is a key feature for me.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @umbrella

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please post a screenshot illustrating the problem with the "black screen"?

▷ How to take a screenshot

Ben

• umbrella
    umbrella
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Sure, I've also made videos that shows better what's going on:
    https://dropbox.com/sh/2ilayne7s00pe60/AACpXkrX9F4Gjir9zCv-s99sa?dl=0

Sometimes it's a kind of flicking. Also when enabling AutoFill in settings-app (see also video IMG_0120.MOV). And on the other hand the black screen...

Seems something is terribly wrong with 1Password Plugin on both my iPad and iPhone. But I can't understand why a uninstalling and fresh installation of the App doesn't even help...

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Ben
    Options

@umbrella

Thank you! That is incredibly helpful for visualizing the problems you described. My first suspicion is that this may be the result of a corrupt item in your 1Password database. Can you think of any items that you added or edited just before this problem started?

Ben

• umbrella
    umbrella
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    I'm sorry, as I don't really remember when exactly it happened the first time, I can't tell. Last month there were quite a few changes...
    Is there any way to scan database for corrupt items? As I have database in dropbox I could try to scan it on Windows, or even a Mac if necessary. Is there any tool?
    Or any logfile to search in?
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Understandable. If you could please send us a diagnostic report that might give us some indication of which item is causing trouble (and if that is indeed the case). I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104283/autofill-doesnt-fill-blank-black-screen#latest
    • Your forum username: umbrella

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) If you have 1Password installed on a Mac and/or Windows PC it might be helpful to have reports from those as well, but don't feel like you need to install it just to create reports, at least not at this point.

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• umbrella
    umbrella
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben
    Took me a while, had to leave yesterday :)
    Now I've sent you both iOS and Windows reports like described.

Here Support IDs:
    iOS: XHE-75842-291
    Windows: SKE-46475-782

Thank you once again for your help!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the reports @umbrella. I'm reviewing them now and will be in touch via email soon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.