Second page password fill not remembered after update

Options
dszp
dszp
Community Member

I'm using Safari and after updating to 7.3 the other day, now when I need to log in to Office 365 for example (or anywhere with two-step login page), when I have multiple accounts, I used to be able to pick an account in Mini and fill the username, then submit and on the next page, I'd open Mini (from keyboard or icon) and it would still have the same account selected so I could just hit Enter to fill the correct matching password.

After the update, I have to re-search or scroll to select the correct account to fill the password, even after I selected and used the username fill moments earlier. So functionality has regressed--is this coming back? Otherwise the new Mini seems fine, will take a little while to fully get used to it :-)

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Families/Business

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dszp

This is indeed a regression that we intend to address. Thanks!

Ben

ref: apple-3732

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben thanks, I supposed I shall be able to survive for now since I know a fix is coming :-) Much appreciated!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. Thanks for letting us know about the issue. :+1:

Ben

• techtherapy
    techtherapy
    Community Member
    Options

Further to this, it would be even better if the second page password could get filled automatically, with no need to invoke 1P again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @techtherapy! I don't think this has ever been a feature even in past versions, but I can see how it could be useful to you.

• techtherapy
    techtherapy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana, I don’t think it has. It would definitely save time as there are many sites using the two-page login model.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@techtherapy; agreed, it would probably save some time. The best tip I can give you right now is to use the Cmd + backslash shortcut to make filling much quicker than clicking on the browser extension ;)

• techtherapy
    techtherapy
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana thanks, I am already using that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• jadeorchard
    jadeorchard
    Community Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

Any update on when the fix for this regression will be in? 7.3.2 is still exhibiting the behavior described by the OP.

Thanks,
    David

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jadeorchard

It looks like we did release code we were hoping would fix the issue. Could you please describe under what circumstances you are still seeing this?

Ben

• jadeorchard
    jadeorchard
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for replying quickly. I didn't see anything about a fix in release notes, so guessed nothing had been released.

As one significant example, I am seeing the behavior when attempting to login to Google.

I've tried both clicking on a suggested login item in 1P mini and typing in the search field until my desired item is highlighted, and then hitting return to fill in login field. In either case, when I continue to the password step on Google.com and invoke 1P mini, it has the top-most suggestion selected.

I'm on Mohave 10.14.5 (18F132); 1P 7.3.2; tested in FF, Chrome and Safari

Best,
    David

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @jadeorchard. I was able to reproduce the problem using the Google login form. I'm going to update our development team with those results and see if we can get some attention back on this.

Ben

• jadeorchard
    jadeorchard
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for the attention.

Cheers,
    David

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

I was just listening to the 1Password podcast and thinking how this has annoyed me several times over the last few days when logging into websites where I have more than one matching entry. Microsoft comes to mind. So far there do not appear to be any changes whatsoever to the regression since my original post :-(

This isn’t something that was mentioned in the podcast, but listening reminded me that I wanted to check on this post because I recall having issues several times this week so far!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dszp: Sorry or the trouble. This was fixed a few weeks after you originally posted here. But when rearchitected mini to add Suggestions, essentially the same issue was reintroduced. It's fixed in the beta -- again. Thanks for your patience.

• techtherapy
    techtherapy
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on 7.4.3 and this issue persists. It worked fine in version 6, so it's frustrating that it still hasn't been fixed - I encounter it multiple times a day.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@techtherapy:

I have tested this on my machine and I could not reproduce this. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Let us know if you still see the same behavior afterwards.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

Been through a few updates since this, but wanted to chime in that this has been fixed for me for a while. To be fair, I'm on a new laptop now with Big Sur since then, so lots of changes. Thanks though!

• @dszp

Thanks for the update. We always love to hear from our users. Success stories are icing on the cake. :eh:

This discussion has been closed.