Options

Comments

• telo0211
    telo0211
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

+1
    Registered an account here just to post this. I don't have any other feature requests.
    Seriously, please implement this. It's a major issue for business use

I have multiple logins for different customers stored in 1Password. I need to be able to only suggest these at a specific URL.

There is a session timeout after 15minutes. Everytime I do a demo, customers can see other customer names when I log-in using 1Password.

URL patterns I need to distinguish -

Login Customer 1 Prod - prod.website.com/customer1/login
    Login Customer 2 Prod - prod.website.com/customer2/login
    Login Customer 1 Test- testing.website.com/customer1/login
    Login Customer 2 Test- testing.website.com/customer2/login

• CarlV
    CarlV
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    My needs match telo0211. In my case, I run a development server where I have all my client sites under a single domain with subfolders like this:

http://localhost:8080/hmt18/
    http://localhost:8080/wvnla15/

etc.

I am faced with an ever-growing list of choices in the dropdown when I go to login to one of these sites, so being able to match the url exactly would be greatly appreciated.

• Marioheld
    Marioheld
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this.

Our IT Department uses for every internal machine a FQDN so that we can use SSL certificates.
    So most of our devices have a device.int.example.com hostname.
    So at the moment for each internal device all internal credentials are suggested to me, which is really confusing.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @Marioheld / @CarlV / @telo0211:

Thanks for following up on this. I'll share your feedback with the team.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-57

• Maksold
    Maksold
    Community Member
    Options

+1

This feature is very long awaited.

• nioakeim
    nioakeim
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from my side as well, I've been a user of 1password since version 4, but to be honest, having a password manager nowadays that lacks the ability to match urls is a great downside to say the least, especially for professionals that maintain different services and websites for customers.

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Advanced URL matching is DEFINITLY very urgently needed - among the many features that have been killed when moving from former versions to 1P8. I am not a Sysadmin or other IT professional, but even as a simple academic user that deals with logins to various databases or to (related) scientific journals the feature is a MUST!
    (I recall the discussions of 1P supporting .htaccess ... )

• Zerosan
    Zerosan
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

1+ from me as well, done some webdevelopment and have both subdomain and folder based applications that are affected by the lack of this feature.

If hashing is something to stick to, why not create multiple hashes?
    mainhash: just root eg. example.com
    subhash: subdomain/s
    pathhash: path (might need this one to only support the first segment until a slash)

in addition some similarity matching on the results could be applied based on the website title. Checking if the website title contains part of the title of the password entry might also be relevant for sort weighing

and then sort the suggestions by best match, the more of the hash segments match the higher up in the list it gets placed.

• LauGau
    LauGau
    Community Member
    Options

I really need that too !
    I have to setup a lot of licences on WordPress websites and they often goes like this :

https://mysite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=bricks-license

I REALLY wish to be able to match the "/wp-admin/admin.php?page=bricks-license" part...
    It will save me a LOT of time...

Please add the option for RegEx (or similar), even if it's just an advanced setting that we have to turn on.
    Thanks in advance

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Don't hold your breath. 1PW is ignoring these tickets/requests since years...

• Zerosan
    Zerosan
    Community Member
    Options

I still think it's important to keep up the talk around this issue. Surrounding it with silence will not improve the chances of the feature being ever implemented after all.

I am disappointed that it isn't getting more attention or acknowledgement, mostly just excuses thus far.

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Well you can keep up the talk or just switch to one of the other options in the password manager market. They do all have this feature. 1PW is usability wise a bad joke since months. The only thing that counts is no longer paying them for this kind of ignorance.

• nioakeim
    nioakeim
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have any suggestions? you seem to have moved on.

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    Options

Well e.g. Bitwarden has this feature. (including many more of the other competitors)

• Bobtb
    Bobtb
    Community Member
    Options

Bitwarden has other downsides, you will find. I agree that we should keep this topic active, maybe then 1Password devs will finally do something with it. It's ridiculous that it doesn't support this feature by now.

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Well but the usability downsides of 1PW are getting worse. I don't have any hope that they will implement this feature in the next 5 years. The only thing they will do is closing this thread because it is too old and the author shouldn't be bothered with emails. (that is what they did with all the other big threads here) I was a big supporter of 1PW but this behaviour is ridiculous.

• Bobtb
    Bobtb
    Community Member
    Options

Just out of curiosity, but what is getting worse exactly, in your opinion?

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    Options

Well I just add one thing that comes directly to my mind. With old releases it was possible to access the changes of an item directly in the application. (password history etc.) No longer possible. They still advertise this feature but it is only accessible in the web frontend. And there are a lot of these features that just got removed.

• Bobtb
    Bobtb
    Community Member
    Options

I see, maybe they are moving more functionality to the cloud for unknown reasons. That is annoying indeed.
    Thanks for sharing.

• ArturV
    ArturV
    Community Member
    Options

One more voice to have this feature implemented. Very useful for development teams as others already pointed out.

• tromm
    tromm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ Jack.P_1P

Any news from the team?

I have been your customer since January 2011 and accordingly I already have more than 1.200 passwords/objects and a lot with same domain but with different url around the domain because off different applications (logins).

All what's written here and especially from the three users @Marioheld / @CarlV / @telo0211 which you also mentioned, is an absolute must have feature these days. It costs me a lot of time to scroll through a list of countless suggestions.

I have always loved your software, because at that time (2011) you were the only ones on the market that supported both windows and mac and of course android and iphone, as well as the most popular browsers and in the browser there was always directly the suggestions. At that time, no one could do that as comfortably as you.

However, today there are many more providers and the market has caught up extremely and you should not rest on your great success.

I really thought long and hard about whether I should buy the business version for my team. But just for the above reasons, I currently use Bitwarden in business and only in the family I book your software as a family package.

I would be very happy if something more movement comes back into this topic.

Nice regards
    Peter

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P doesn't really care about this feature I guess. It is just about making money these days. Unfortunately...

• nioakeim
    nioakeim
    Community Member
    Options

tromm, just a suggestion for workflow improvement to overcome this awful limitation, is to type keywords to minimise the scrolling to find the correct password.

• telo0211
    telo0211
    Community Member
    Options

@tromm thanks for the tag. Good to look back at this post.

I agree that an update or some page where we can get insight into the 1Password product roadmap would be appreciated.

At least for my business use case I should also consider the same set-up you are running.

A bit of a hassle to have two password managers, but not having this feature is as much of a hassle.

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

This feature is VERY sorely needed. I have dozens of logins on the same base domain, and the only differentiator is either a subdomain (www.domain.com instead of www2.domain.com) or a particulal page/site (such as www.domain.com/siteA instead of www.domain.com/siteB), so with 1Password not supporting a method to change the match URI criteria like how BitWarden does, it makes my window fill up with suggested logins that have NOTHING to do with the site I'm actually trying to log into at the moment. It's very annoying, and I can't figure out for the life of me why such a feature wouldn't be considered a basic/fundamental/"duh" thing to have been included from day 1. It's so easy to implement provided that 1Password supports things like RegEx or simply looking at the last/first X-number-of-characters, etc.

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

@Bobtb I agree. BitWarden has its positives (such as this feature, listing all logins with an OTP token in a single pane, and many others) but like you said, there are also negatives. The biggest one for me is the client apps/extensions; they are SO unstable/buggy for some things, and are just generally bland/lackluster in most ways.

• AnaS
    AnaS
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• domints
    domints
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me - I am just testing movement from LastPass, and neither have this option so on websites on subdomain to my own domain it shows a mess of domains.
    Hey, even "advanced option" to put regex matched over URL there would let us solve such cases and I believe if user is poweruser enough he would probably be absolutely fine with writing regex and it shouldn't be that much of effort from extension development standpoint

• k3vlar
    k3vlar
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this feature. I don't think it was mentioned as an example, but I have a local server that runs different webpages on different ports. It would be great to have this feature to only show the login for the page I'm trying to use. Minor grip but it does get annoying pretty quickly especially when it defaults to the wrong one.