Autofill Coursera Login not Populating

I saved a Login for Coursera through the 1Password Safari extension; however, when I attempt to autofill the login popup by opening it through 1Password nothing is filled in. The Coursera login page URL is https://www.coursera.org/?authMode=login. Is there a workaround to address this issue?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: N/A
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill Coursera Login not Populating

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fvona! Welcome to the forum!

I have just tried filling on that page and it worked here right away. My Safari version is 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1). Are you on the same one?

• fvona
    fvona
    Community Member

I have the same version of Safari (12.1.1). If I use the 1Password Safari extension to find my saved Coursera Login then click Go, it launches the Coursera website and shows the Log In popup. The popup does not autofill with my saved username and password. If I next click inside the Email field of the Coursera Log In popup so that it has focus and then click Go again from the 1Password Coursera Login, the fields will autofill. If the Email field does not have focus when the page loads, 1Password cannot autofill the fields. If I don't perform that second step by clicking inside the Email field, 1Password won't autofill the fields.

It's possible the two step process may end up being the solution, but I was hoping there was a way I could click Go on the Coursera Login and the page would both load and autofill my credentials like my other saved 1Password Logins. I'm not sure how to get 1Password to focus on the Email field after page load and before it attempts to autofill the credential fields.

• fvona
    fvona
    Community Member

If I inspect the Email field on the Coursera Log In popup (see below) after I click Go on the 1Password Login for Coursera, I can see the 1Password hook added to the input line and the id for the field. After that I'm not sure how to correct the issue.

<div class="TextInput_ib7vq4" aria-describedby="emailInput_5-label"><div><label class="label_xbvbqb" id="emailInput_5-label" for="emailInput_5-input">Email</label></div><input type="email" class="input_xury2d" aria-label="Email" aria-labelledby="emailInput_5-label" aria-invalid="false" aria-required="true" id="emailInput_5-input" name="email" placeholder="Email" value="" required="" data-courselenium="email-field" aria-describedby="login-form-error" data-com.agilebits.onepassword.initial-value=""></div>

• Hey @fvona! Like @ag_ana, opening and filling directly from 1Password worked for me as well, without the need to click in any fields. Could you try saving a Login manually for that website, as detailed here?

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Also, do you have any adblockers or anything of the sort that could maybe otherwise be interacting with the web page and that might explain any differences between our setups?

Cheers!

• fvona
    fvona
    Community Member

Thanks, @ag_ana and @ag_mcarlyle. I don't have any adblockers. I also tried manually creating a Login, per the instructions above, yesterday and that didn't help.

However, I thought I'd try something else after hearing that it works for both of you. I opened a new private window and it worked perfectly!

I concluded that Coursera must have saved something to the local cache or a cookie that's causing my issue. From the Safari menu option, I selected Preferences then clicked on Privacy. Then I clicked on Manage Website Data. I searched for Coursera and found "coursera.org", which had "Cache, Cookies, Local Storage, HSTS Policy" listed under it. I selected that row and clicked Delete.

After that, 1Password autofilled the popup login page for me as expected. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @fvona, thank you for the update! I am happy to hear everything is working fine again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.