Migrating shared Dropbox vaults to Families

warpspeed
warpspeed
Community Member

Currently I have my family set up with shared vaults via Dropbox, whereby I have access to their vaults to help administrate them, and they only have access to their respective shared vault each. They have no visibility of the other vaults.

I'm just curious about the best way to go about moving them into a Families account from standalone Family license.

Would the best way be to create their 1password.com accounts, sign them in, and upgrade their apps but not migrate their data... then on my side migrate each vault into vaults shared with the relevant person? or should I be doing the migration from their side and sharing it with me?

Is it possible to just upgrade the apps using the membership logins and keep using Dropbox sync for a while too or is it going to force migrate stuff to 1password.com?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• or should I be doing the migration from their side and sharing it with me?

I suspect this is going to be the easier solution, though either should work. :) Note that the "Personal" / "Private" vault cannot be shared, so you'll want to create a shared vault for each person and then hide their Personal / Private vault from the All Vaults view in each app (setting the vault for saving to their shared vault).

Is it possible to just upgrade the apps using the membership logins and keep using Dropbox sync for a while too or is it going to force migrate stuff to 1password.com?

I couldn't recommend that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.